Wednesday 16 April 2014

Betrayal

I would not have betrayed him, if I was there
   I would not have been scared of the mocking
      I would not have been scared of the falsifying

I would have stood strong
    I would have spoken up
       I would have risked my life for his as he was about to give his for mine

Wouldn't I?

I would not have abandoned him at his reckoning
      I would not have denied him in the courtyard like Peter
           I would not have sold him, and sold myself so cheaply - thirty pieces of silver - why?

I wouldn't, would I?

For I have...
         always stayed strong
         always stood up for what is right
         always stuck to my convictions
         always been steadfast
         always been loyal
         always been willing to give regardless of the cost
         always been willing to sacrifice regardless of the loss

Haven't I?

Can I forgive those who betray those whom I love and can I forgive myself? Even though I know what it is I do?

I would, wouldn't I?




John 12:20-36






No comments:

Post a Comment